Main Forum
Page
of 2

Reddit thread about balancing on our server

11 replies
Votes:
+3
I noticed today a thread on Reddit mentioning our server, and bad experience of a player.
Now there are always two sides to a story but this guy was complaining that all members stayed on one side and also base campers were only punished on the other.

I don't think that there was any intention to this if it happened, but sometimes it's only the impression that counts, so let's remember that we are all admin for a reason and carry our rules and values high.
Posted Apr 9, 18 · OP
r0Lm4 Atag
Votes:
+37
Admins
Sometimes almost all members are on one side when we try to balance server for example 600-200 situation but i don't know what was the situation then. If other people than DEFR would balance also then we don't have to move all the time :/ And for the basecampers thing for example i don't always see immediately if there is someone basecamping and of course i do the necessary things when i do. Players don't even tell any admin about the basecampers that often at least not my experience when i've played..but as you said don't think that was intention when is has happened.
It's hard to please every player when you try to balance the server :/

and i have to add that i read the what that guy wrote in reddit and if he is same name in battlelog than reddit he has only played two times on our server
Posted Apr 9, 18 · Last edited Apr 9, 18
Votes:
+200
Admins
link would be helpful
Posted Apr 9, 18
r0Lm4 Atag
Votes:
+37
Admins
i don't know if this is the link what Secoh means but this i found https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/8ar3if/do_not_join_dead_friends_server/
Posted Apr 9, 18 · Last edited Apr 9, 18
Votes:
+200
Admins
found and replied

we can not make everyone happy all of the time
Posted Apr 9, 18
r0Lm4 Atag
Votes:
+37
Admins
yeah i saw your answer just when i replied here :)

and yeah we can't make everyone happy..there is almost always someone who is complaining about something
Posted Apr 9, 18
Votes:
+3
I couldn't put in the link when I was on the way this morning and wanted to do that now, but good to see actually prople are reading this 🙂

Ofcourse we cannot make everyone happy yet we also want our server full, so this was more a 'how to handle bad press' thing to me.
Anyway any publicitg is good publicity, as theg say 😃
Posted Apr 9, 18 · OP
Votes:
+17
Well honestly I only know of maybe 5 - 7 members who actually try and balance the game. The rest either don't pay attention or don't care, sometimes even when I tell them to help balance.

On the other hand, we sometimes try and balance games out too hard. So the winning team ends up being completely dominated for the rest of the match. In the end it looks like it was a nice match according to the ticket count but the losing team actually had a terrible second half of the match.

I think this is one of the reasons why we see so many players leaving our server after a round and wonder.
Posted Apr 9, 18
Votes:
+9
Untagged users
I can see both sides to it and understand either argument. I do like the server however as it has the correct settings that all BF servers should have but I find myself playing on another server more often than not simply due to being swapped out of friends squads all the time. On the other one I can play in the squad I want each round...........sometimes it can be one sided, other times not.

Infact was on the other day and controlling the map with Rolm4 but we had 300 odd tickets to the enemies 130 or so. We both stuck as a squad until he had to swap, to balance the server he said.
He swapped teams where another 4 defr guys joined, some of the better inf players........anyway I was suddenly in a squad by myself where the other 3 in my squad were not helpful. Every flag I went to I faced 5 defr guys pretty quickly which made it difficult.

Within 5 minutes the map control had gone and we had zero flags and was even more one sided, enemy won by 90 tickets when we had close to 400 prior to a long battle which at times were even battle wise but not ticket wise.......anyway my point is the balance wasnt there it simply tipped the scales way one sided. Couldnt get a flag after that whereas before it was a battle for control that my side were probably edging.
Posted Apr 9, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+17
wrote:
Well honestly I only know of maybe 5 - 7 members who actually try and balance the game. The rest either don't pay attention or don't care, sometimes even when I tell them to help balance.

On the other hand, we sometimes try and balance games out too hard. So the winning team ends up being completely dominated for the rest of the match. In the end it looks like it was a nice match according to the ticket count but the losing team actually had a terrible second half of the match.

I think this is one of the reasons why we see so many players leaving our server after a round and wonder.
wrote:
I can see both sides to it and understand either argument. I do like the server however as it has the correct settings that all BF servers should have but I find myself playing on another server more often than not simply due to being swapped out of friends squads all the time. On the other one I can play in the squad I want each round...........sometimes it can be one sided, other times not.

Infact was on the other day and controlling the map with Rolm4 but we had 300 odd tickets to the enemies 130 or so. We both stuck as a squad until he had to swap, to balance the server he said.
He swapped teams where another 4 defr guys joined, some of the better inf players........anyway I was suddenly in a squad by myself where the other 3 in my squad were not helpful. Every flag I went to I faced 5 defr guys pretty quickly which made it difficult.

Within 5 minutes the map control had gone and we had zero flags and was even more one sided, enemy won by 90 tickets when we had close to 400 prior to a long battle which at times were even battle wise but not ticket wise.......anyway my point is the balance wasnt there it simply tipped the scales way one sided. Couldnt get a flag after that whereas before it was a battle for control that my side were probably edging.

This. :)
Posted Apr 9, 18
Page
of 2
Top Posters
391 Posts
164 Posts
137 Posts
125 Posts
111 Posts
There are no birthdays today.
NoticeNotices